Sunday, August 24, 2008

Summer comes to a close

Well, the week saw us very busy at getting things tied up for the school year. We gathered the mammoth list of what an eight grader is supposed to have, although I really did think that tissue would drop off the list soon after kindergarten, it's still on there!
I finally received a diagnosis on my shoulder this past monday and the great news is it's nothing a little physical therapy and cortisone can't heal. Wish me luck in not having to wear a sling!! I told my orthop. it simply wasn't an option and he's trying to work with me.
A scentsy party near the end of the week rounded out a great ending for the spring/summer catalog. The new fall one is out and available beginning september 1!
This past week Jordan attended a theatre camp through Fort Boise. On Friday they put on a great performance for all the parents and friends who could attend. Jordan was 'Keating' in a scene from The Dead Poets Society and she did a great job.


On Saturday we went to Roaring Springs! Talk about feeling like a kid again, Cobi and I rode every ride (except the super scary one, Jordan went on that with me) and we rode many of them over and over again. We arrived at 11am, when the park opened and left at 7:30 when they were getting ready to close~ we had so much fun!
Sunday we took it easy in the morning. Went to gather a book bag and some essentials for Jordan's school year. Then met some friends at the new Famous Dave's restaraunt for dinner. We had eaten at this restaraunt in Illinois while visiting my grandparents a couple years ago and were thrilled to see one going in very close to our house here. They are just as yummy in Idaho Gram and Gramp!
So this week has come to a close and although we don't have many photos to prove our fun, there is the news from Idaho.
(all the kids except CeeCee and Jay's rat Sasha)

No comments: